What You Need To Know:
1. The United States, France, and Britain launched military strikes aimed Syria to punish President Assad for an apparent chemical attack against civilians.
2. A plane crash in Algeria killed 257 people in the worst aviation disaster in the country’s history.
3. The Taliban attacked a government compound in central Afghanistan killing 15 people, including three top local officials.
4. Clashes between Palestinian protesters and Israeli forces in Gaza continued, bringing the death toll to 28.
5. Veteran pro-EU candidate Milo Djukanovic won Montenegro’s presidential election with 53% of the vote.
6. Militants wearing explosive belts killed 8 Egyptian soldiers at a military base in central Sinai.
7. At least 82 people have died from drinking tainted bootleg liquor in Indonesia.
8. Militants disguised as U.N. peacekeepers killed one person at a United Nations base in Mali.
9. Indian security forces killed 4 civilians in a village in Kashmir.
10. Nigeria’s President Buhari announced he will seek another term in elections next year ending months of speculation about his future after bouts of ill health.
- Taliban attack on government compound kills 15 people
- Motorbike bomb in kills at least 6 people in Herat province
Central African Republic
- President Xi offers U.S. possible trade concessions
- China files trade complaint against U.S. over steel tariffs
- Vanuatu and China deny holding military base talks
- China announces Taiwan Strait live-fire drills amid tensions
- President Santos to go after drug gangs responsible for killing 8 police officers
- FARC leader arrested on drug trafficking charge
- Thousands protest against PM as government talks stall
- PM Babis may renew coalition talks with fringe parties
- 8 soldiers killed, 15 injured in militant attack in Sinai
- Military court refers 36 defendants to Mufti for death penalty
- Train strikes continue as unions square off with President Macron
- France to cut deficit faster than planned on firm growth
- Tens of thousands protest against Prime Minister Orban
- Major opposition newspaper to close after Orban victory
- 23 children and 4 adults killed in school bus accident
- Security forces kill 4 civilian protesters in Kashmir
- Israel to free 200 African migrants awaiting deportation
- Labour party breaks off relations with Britain’s Corbyn
- Seven soldiers sentenced to 10 years in prison for Rohingya massacre
- Military put on U.N. blacklist for sexual violence
- Court refuses to dismiss charges against journalists
- Gunman kills 2 Christians in drive-by shooting
- 2 soldiers killed in attack at Afghanistan border
- Gunman shoots at Supreme Court judge’s residence
- 4 militants killed in accidental blast
- At least 1 man killed, 223 wounded by Israeli fire in day of protests
- Israeli airstrike hits Gaza, kills Palestinian man
- United States, Britain, and France launch military strikes at Syria’s chemical weapons
- Russia vetoes U.S. bid to form new chemical weapons inquiry
- Government forces now in control of rebel town
- More than 130,000 Syrians have fled Ghouta in 4 weeks
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
Follow @TheZenCorner on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for Breaking News.
PS: Subscribe to the newsletter to receive it directly by email.
Help Support ‘The Zen Corner’