What You Need To Know:
1. The leaders of North and South Korea pledged at a historic summit to work for “complete denuclearization” of the Korean peninsula.
2. Armenian Prime Minister Serzh Sarksyan resigned after almost two weeks of mass street protests that have plunged the country into political crisis. Parliament is due to pick a new PM on May 1.
3. A man deliberately drove his van into a Toronto sidewalk killing 10 people and injuring 15. The driver was quickly arrested in a tense but brief confrontation with officers.
4. Air strikes by a Saudi-led military coalition killed at least 20 people attending a wedding in a village in northwestern Yemen.
5. Indian security forces killed at least 37 Maoist militants in an ambush at the Indravati river, east of Mumbai.
6. Suspected jihadists killed 40 Tuaregs, mostly young men, in two attacks in northern Mali’s Menaka region.
7. Three suicide bombers attacked Pakistani police and paramilitary soldiers in the southwestern city of Quetta, killing 6 police officers and wounding 15 soldiers.
8. At least 9 students were killed in a knife attack outside a secondary school in northern China.
9. At least 15 African migrants died when their boat capsized off the Algerian coast on their way to Europe.
10. French President Macron addressed the U.S. Congress during his 3-day state visit with President Trump, laying out a firm vision of global leadership.
- Taliban attacks kill 14 soldiers and police officers in Western Afghanistan
- Taliban kill at least 11 soldiers in separate attacks
- Taliban seize district center, attack army base, kill at least 5 people
- Prime Minister Sarksyan quits after 11 days of street protests
- Parliament backs holding vote on new PM next week
- Ruling party quits PM race as opposition leader bids for power
- Traffic accident in North Korea kills 32 Chinese tourists and 4 Koreans
- Arson attack at karaoke lounge kills 18 people
- 9 students killed in knife attack outside school in Northern China
- Danish inventor convicted of reporter’s murder, gets life sentence
- Pro-mining party doubles support in Greenland vote, coalition talks near
- Police kill at least 37 Maoist militants in central India
- 13 children killed when train hits school van
- President says no changes, additions to nuclear deal
- British-Iranian professor held by Revolutionary Guard
- Authorities block Telegram messaging app
- At least 9 teenagers die in flash floods
- Former police officer jailed 9 months for killing Palestinian teen
- U.N. rights chief decries Israel’s excessive use of force in Gaza
- Soldiers fire bullets, tear gas at border protesters, wound 600
- 3 Palestinian infiltrators killed by security forces
- At least 160 children rescued from “baby factory”
- At least 4 killed in Boko Haram attack in Maiduguri
- Pope Francis decries attack on church that killed 15 people
- Leader Kim Jong-un steps across Korean border, makes history
- Geologists say North Korea nuclear test site likely collapsed
- North Korea offers to give up nuclear missiles if U.S. vows not to attack
- Three suicide attacks rock Quetta killing 6 police officers
- Court disqualifies foreign minister in blow to ruling party
- 2 killed in sectarian attack in southwest Pakistan
- Teen dies after being wounded by Israeli fire on Gaza border
- U.N. aid still $200 million short after Trump cuts
- Donors pledge $4.4 billion in Syria aid, short of U.N. needs
- Army says ‘enemy’ rocket attacks military bases
- Dozens injured after earthquake in southeast Turkey
- Authorities detain scores linked to suspected cleric’s matchmaking service
United States of America
- French President Macron makes speech to Congress
- Europe and U.S. seize servers used by ISIS propaganda sites
- U.S. economy slows in first quarter as consumer spending brakes sharply
- Air forces trains in vicinity of South China Sea
- New Secretary of State starts mideast tour with call for new Iran sanctions
- Saudi-led air strikes kill at least 20 people at wedding
- Saudi-led air strikes kill Houthi leaders in Sanaa
- Security forces kill senior ISIS commander
Follow @TheZenCorner on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for Breaking News.
PS: Subscribe to the newsletter to receive it directly by email.
Help Support ‘The Zen Corner’