Here’s What You Need To Know:
1. North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un met with Chinese President Xi in a surprise visit to Beijing.
2. Leftist candidate Carlos Alvarado, who campaigned on same-sex marriage, easily won Costa Rica‘s Presidential election run-off.
3. At least 18 Palestinian protesters were killed by Israeli security forces in Gaza.
4. Egyptian President Sisi re-elected for a second term despite extremely low turnout.
5. The United States, European Union, and NATO allies expelled more than 100 Russian diplomats over U.K. nerve attack. Russia retaliated by expelling over 150 diplomats.
6. In Venezuela, a fire in the cells of a police station killed 68 people.
7. The Syrian army declared victory in eastern Ghouta after opposition fighters vacated most of the area.
8. Myanmar‘s Parliament elected a longtime loyalist of Aung San Suu Kyi loyalist as new President.
9. Suspected Boko Haram militants killed 15 people in in the northeast Nigerian city of Maiduguri.
10. Ethiopia‘s ruling coalition named Abiy Ahmed as chairman, becomes new Prime Minister.
- Former President Lula loses procedural appeals, faces prison
- Shots fired at campaign buses of former President Lula
- Police arrest President Temer’s ally in corruption investigation
- Islamist rebels kill at least 11 in Northeastern Congo
- 80% of Congolese disapprove of President Kabila
- 2 reporters, driver kidnapped near Colombian border
- Government cuts Wikileaks founder Assange’s internet at embassy
- Former President Sarkozy to face corruption trial
- Driver arrested for trying to hit soldiers in the French Alps
- President Macron vows to support Northern Syrians and Kurdish militia
- Gunman shoots exiled Azeri journalist in Southern France
- French armed officers spark Italy migrant row
- Trouble at Hindu festival triggers clashes with Muslims, 3 dead
- Anti-India protests erupt in Kashmir amid deadly fighting
- 4-story hotel collapsed in Central India, killing 10
- Police question Prime Minister Netanyahu again in telecom case
- Military deploys 100 sharpshooters on Gaza border for Palestinian protests
- Israel warns of military action inside Gaza
- Israel rejects calls for inquiry into Gaza violence
- 5-Star lawmaker calls for government deal with League
- Anti-terrorism police arrest Moroccan planning truck attack
- Blast in Livorno port kills 2 men
- Opposition figure drugged and deported to Dubai
- Court fines interior minister, police chief for contempt of court
- Columnists quit en masse over loss in editorial independence
- 7 police officers die in Veracruz prison riot
- Dozens of Central American children rescued from sweltering truck in Mexico
- Two killed in Acapulco shootout amid panicked Easter procession
- Kim Jong-Un meets Chinese President Xi in Beijing
- North and South Korean leaders to meet April 27 in historic summit
- U.N. Security Council blacklists shipping firms
- At least 15 Palestinians killed by Israeli fire near Gaza border, over 750 injured
- U.N. leader calls for investigation into deadly Gaza clashes
- Palestinian dies of wounds, bringing death toll to 18
- Parliament says would back reunification with Moldova
- Senate passes justice bills; opposition to challenge
- U.S., E.U. to expel more than 100 Russian diplomats over U.K. nerve attack
- Russia announces expulsion of more than 150 diplomats, including 60 Americans
- Kosovo PM sacks security chief, interior minister over Turkish arrests
- State of emergency declared in Volokolamsk where thousands have protested over toxic fumes
- Governor of Kemerovo resigns over deadly mall fire
- 27 killed, 58 injured in Damascus after mortar shelling from the rebel-held area
- Bomb kills 2 coalition troops from U.S. and U.K.
- Army declares victory as rebels vacate most of Ghouta
- France offers to mediate between Turkey and Kurds
- Military kills 11 Kurdish militants in Syria, 2 Turkish soldiers killed
- Prosecutors order 70 army officers detained over Gulen links
- 17 people, mainly migrants, killed in road accident
- 6 Turkish security force members killed in Kurdish militant attack
- President Erdogan calls Israeli PM a ‘terrorist’ as insults fly after Gaza deaths
- Jail fire kills 68 people in Valencia
- Authorities arrest 5 police officials over deadly jail disaster
- 4 Al-Quaeda militants killed in U.S. strike near al-Bayda
- 9 soldiers, 5 militants killed in attack on elite Yemeni forces
- Fire breaks out at World Food Program warehouses
Follow @TheZenCorner on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for Breaking News.
PS: Subscribe to the newsletter to receive it directly by email.
Help Support ‘The Zen Corner’