What You Need To Know:
1. Syrian Government forces killed at least 94 people in bombing of Eastern Ghouta in ‘extreme escalation of hostilities.
2. Civilian plane crashes into Mount Dena in Southern Iran killing all 65 on board.
3. Israeli police recommend that Prime Minister Netanyahu be indicted on bribery and breach of trust charges in two separate corruption cases.
4. 17 people killed high-school shooting in Parkland, Florida. The gunman was a former student at the school who had been expelled.
5. Egyptian military continues offensive in Sinai, at least 53 militants killed.
6. In Nigeria, three suicide bombers kill 18 at Maiduguri fish market. In a separate incident, armed bandits killed 35 villagers.
7. ISIS militants ambush a group of Iraq‘s Shiite paramilitary fighters killing at least 27 people.
8. In South Africa, President Zuma resigned after 9 years in office. Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa replaces him.
9. A truck packed with Eritrean and Somali migrants crashed in Libya leaving at least 19 dead and nearly 80 injured.
10. Ethiopian Prime Minister resigns after massive anti-government protests. Authorities immediately call 6-month state of emergency.
- Israeli police recommend corruption charges for PM Netanyahu
- Netanyahu says he will continue to lead Israel
- Centrist leader says Netanyahu should resign
- Group of Palestinians attack two Israeli soldiers in the West Bank
- Israel strikes Gaza after soldiers hurt, 2 Palestinians killed
- Police arrest telecom officials in corruption case
- At least 35 villagers killed by armed bandits in northwestern Nigeria
- Court releases 475 Boko Haram suspects for rehabilitation
- Three suicide bombers kill 18 in Maiduguri
- Court convicts 205 Boko Haram suspects in mass trials
- 12 ISIS militants killed, 92 arrested in Sinai
- Police arrests formed anti-corruption chief in latest pre-election turmoil
- Army kills 10, arrests 400 in Sinai operation
- Authorities detain former Islamist Presidential candidate
- Military says 53 militants killed in Sinai offensive
- 3 soldiers killed in campaign against militants
- German foreign minister says Serbia must accept Kosovo independence to join E.U.
- President visits Croatia amid tensions
- Opposition leader Saakashvili detained in Kiev, facing deportation
- Ukraine deports opposition leader to Poland
- ISIS ambush strikes Iraqi forces, kills 27 fighters
- Allies promise $30 billion in aid, falls short of $80 billion requested
- Taliban infiltrator kills 16 Afghan government militiamen
- Governor defies President Ghani’s attempt to remove him
- Court receives 1.7 million war crimes claims
- Taliban deputy chief killed in drone strike
- Authorities begin to seize charities linked to U.S.-wanted cleric
- Taliban kill 4 government paramilitary troopers in gun attack
- Government to send troops to Saudi Arabia on training mission
- Vladimir Putin meets President Abbas, conveys greetings from Trump
- Palestinian teen goes on trial, Israeli judge bars public
- Computer virus dubbed “Olympic Destroyer” used to attack opening ceremony of Winter Olympics
- Lotte chief and former president’s friend jailed for receiving bribes
- South Korea to pay for North Korea’s expenses at Olympics
- Athletes hit by norovirus outbreak
- Former senior politician Zhengcai charged with bribery
- China angered as Indian PM visits disputed border region
- 9 dead in fire at waste facility in Southern China
- Government bombing in Eastern Ghouta kills 94
- Pro-government forces to enter Kurdish enclave of Afrin
- Kurdish doctors report suspected Turkish gas attack in Syria
- Car bomb in Qamishli kills 5 people
- Kurdish fighters reportedly strike deal with Syrian army
- Deputy PM denies breaking parliamentary rules over extramarital affair
- Prime Minister bans government ministers from having sex with staff
- Government fractures as Deputy PM calls PM Turnbull ‘inept’
- President Zuma resigns after 9 years in office
- Cyril Ramaphosa sworn-in as South Africa’s new president
The United Kingdom
- Judge upholds arrest warrant for Wikileaks fonder
- Package with white powder delivered to British Parliament
- Commonwealth in secret succession plans
- Vehicle collision at London Heathrow kills 1
- Authorities blame Russian military for ‘malicious’ cyber attack
- Military to increase army presence on border with Venezuela
- Army ordered to take security in Rio de Janeiro
- Prime Minister found guilty of collaborating with secret police
- Social Democrats pick former parliament speaker as chairman
- Court acquits man who rented apartment to Paris attackers
- 3 skiers die in avalanche in the Pyrenees
- Avalanche in the Alps kills 2 skiers
- 5 dead in church shooting, police kills suspect
- Opposition leader Navalny’s website blocked before election
- Instagram agrees to Russian censor demands
- Kremlin says it has evidence of Western meddling in election
- Russia accuses U.S. of undermining Syria’s integrity
The United States of America
- At least 17 dead in Florida high-school shooting
- U.S. charges Russians with 2016 election tampering to boost Trump
- Defense Secretary to pressure European allies on military spending
- U.S. drone destroys Russian-made tank in Syria
- U.S. boosts aid to Jordan despite Trump’s threat of cuts
- Senior White House official resigns over security clearance
- Helicopter crash kills 13 in Oaxaca
- Magnitude 7.2 earthquakes strike central and southern Mexico
- Presidential candidate Anaya claims to be the target of government spying
- Indigenous Presidential candidate injured in highway accident
- Foreign minister heads to Caribbean to win over Venezuelan allies
- Tea warehouse collapse kills at least 7
- Two ruling parties set committee to examine potential coalition after local poll defeat
- Congo violence forces 22,000 to flee to Uganda
- Presidential motorcade crash kills 5
- 6 soldiers killed in clash with Rwandan army
- Plane crash in Southern Iran kills 65 people
- 3 police officers killed in clashes with Sufi protesters
- Canada presses Iran for details on death of Iranian-Canadian in Tehran jail
- Truck packed with African migrants crashes killing at least 19 people
- Supreme Court blocks legal challenges to draft constitution
- 324 migrants intercepted off coast
- President seeks approval to extend state of emergency by 15 days
- Police arrests 25 after protest demanding President’s arrest
Follow @TheZenCorner on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for Breaking News.
PS: Subscribe to the newsletter to receive it directly by email.